Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saratoga Battlefield Frost Faire

This Month I was able to spend the day at the Frost Faire enjoying many old friends, and mostly dancing with kids and their families.
One of the programs I have done is English Country Dancing for Children. I don't pretend to be able to call for adult dances, but I'm not too bad at adapting dance steps to different children's groups. Tinies, teens, and all in betweens, tacking on any parents that are willing subjects are sure to have fun with the dancing combinations we configure.

The program began at 11 AM at the Battlefield Visitor's Center. My dear friend, Maggie Paige, came with me and had a great time as well as being a sincere asset to the day.

There was a steady stream of visitors throughout the day. A couple pair of twins, who were delightfully energetic, some tiny tots who mostly enjoyed being spun and dragged around to the music, and some preteen and adult groups who made lovely dance figures and lent a sweet laughter to the music.

Costumes from the Visitor Center dress-up corner put everyone in the spirit! I sure love this job!

Thanks to all the folks at Saratoga Battlefield Visitor Center, all the great dancers and dear Maggie Paige.

No comments: