Sunday, November 07, 2010

Daughters

Just recently I have been gaining a new appreciation of my daughters. Not that I haven't always appreciated them, but they have been particularly ramped up in my 'appreciation' bank.

When they were little, they were a joy to be with... I shouldn't even start with how adorable they were... When the littlest one was born, the other two were 13 months and 2 1/2 (big brother was 4). The pictures and movies in my mind of that time are a gift I will cherish til I close my eyes the last time. In this picture they were 2, 3 and 5. We had a photo shoot scheduled but it was the hottest day of the summer and they were just too hot to dress up. I planned a trip to the town pool, stopping at the photographer on the way. They were too cute!
Today they are amazing women who have interesting and full lives! It is a miracle as a mom to watch them grow and change throughout all those formative years... from helpless squirming newborns to beautiful, successful women who will buy my lunch and take me someplace special they enjoy just to share their lives with me. I am SO blessed!

Sharah and I went camping in the Catskills, still 'dressing up', taking only 18th century gear. I love spending time with her. It is always an adventure... hiking, foraging, making, fixing, helping, always doing something interesting!


Darcy came camping recently, too... she rocks this brown jacket. The weekend before she, Sharah, and I made a pair of stays (corset) for her on an overnight sewing workshop. She went home with just the binding to stitch up! I love talking with her, she is an intelligent conversationalist, book-o-phile, artist, and practical career/homemaker wh0 can manage a quirky staff and make the place shine.

Misti is a teacher, fisherman, reader, cook, and on and on. She is, as they all are, a Renaissance Woman. It is so inspiring to hear her talk about teaching and her passion for the students. I love to see her pushing her boundaries and stretching herself. I am excited to see where she will go and what the ride will entail! Take me with you!
All the emotion, time and energy that goes into raising children is worth every effort, ... for the result is an amazing and priceless joy. I love you Sharah, Misti, and Darcy. xoxo <3

No comments: