Monday, September 27, 2010

Saturday morning was a perfect morning to go kayaking. While it was still dark, guided by the nearly full moon, I dragged my red kayak down to the lake and put in. It was a little rough but as the sun came up smoothed out beautifully.
I paddled to ex-two tree island, around it, and then around the edges of Billington Bay. In the picture above Frenchman's island is in the distance off to the right. Sharah (daughter #1) made a kayak trip there a couple weeks ago in search of sassafras root. It was beautiful and quiet and I saw several large fish jump. As the sun came up, close to 7:15, there was a string of speed boats making a bee-line from one of the lake to the other at full throttle!
Soft warm wind blows from the West.
It tickles my arms!
White cheese moon glows down and winks.

No comments: