Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006


Tomorrow is the end of 2006. I like to think about the year behind me. What could I have done better? What could I have done differently? What things were new challenges for me? What goals can I set for next year that will exceed last year's? Was I fair to the people I love? Did I show them that I love them? How will they think of me this year? (is that even important? well, if I want them to feel loved or if I want to help them somehow, I want to be sure it comes across...)

I loved connecting with a few old friends this year... a few reenactors I hadn't seen in a couple years, some old friends I talked to on email. I'd love to visit them... perhaps that's a goal this year... visit some old friends.

I had a particularly enjoyable Christmas this year... gifts were lovely, the weather was mild (tho' I do miss the snow! santa! can't you get some snow out here?!), the tree and garland was lovely and warm, the candles warm and beautiful, and the food rich and delicious. But the most blessed thing that happened this Christmas is that my children were here with my husband and I for Christmas, along with his family. Everyone was here. It was so great to see my kids and spice(spouses/significant others). I enjoyed it immensely and then, when Sharah and Bruce and Jeremy and Jenny could stay over it was even better!

I don't know how you did it, Santa... but thanks.

No comments: